In this article, we will show you how to zip or unzip files in Windows 10, all of which are very basic and straightforward or there are a lot of third-party applications that you can use for zipping and unzipping files. We’ll be going through how to zip or unzip files in windows 10 without third-party applications or programs. So, let’s start:
(Note: This tutorial will apply to computers, laptops, desktops, and tablets running the Windows 10 operating system.)
How do you Zip Files on windows 10
If you want to zip several consecutive files & folders:
1. First, open your application launcher and click on Files.
2. Now select the “File” or folder that you want to zip.
3. Then, in the context menu, locate “Send to” and click it.
4. After then, select “Compressed (zipped) folder“.
5. At last press on entering & accept the suggested file name. You can also change your zipped folder name any time you want.
If you want to zip several files but not all:
1. When you want to zip several files but not all by Double-clicking open the folder.
2. Next, with the help of the “Ctrl key” select the individual files that you want to zipped.
3. After that, Right-click on the selecting files.
4. Tap to select “Compressed (zipped) folder“.
5. At last press on entering & accept. You can also change your zipped folder name any time you want.
If you want to zip all files:
1. First go to the folder and by “Double-clicking” open it.
2. Now, click on the “First file” and hold them down with help of the “Shift key” & till the last file or you can select all files by pressing “Ctrl-A“.
3. “Right-click” on selecting all files.
4. Tap on “Send to” and click on “Compressed (zipped) folder”.
5. Lastly, click to “Accept” the suggested file or folder name.
How do you Unzip Files on windows 10
If you want to Unzip all files:
1. If in your zipped folder contains a lot of files, you can also unzip them at all. Just locate the zipped folder and “Right-click” on it.
2. Now you can see in the context menu will be showing “Extract All” click it.
3. Next, you have to choose a destination for the extracted files. The current location of the extracted files will be showed you by default (see image below). You can change it, tap on “Browse“.
4. Now, select to the location where you place your extract files, click “Select Folder“.
5. Click on the “Extract” button.
6. When the process will be completed, the unzipped files will appear in a folder in the chosen destination.
7. Now you can see by Double-click the unzipped file folder.